Happy national women’s day!!!!
Ideas to make your day shine:
(in order from cheapest to most expensive)
- Sit up straight
- Take a brisk walk during your lunch break to Starbucks (only California lovers, Chicago sorry) and get a green tea or a caffe misto
- Take a yoga class
- Make dinner with your girlfriends
- Drink wine with your girlfriends
- Get cocktails with your girlfriends
- Go to happy hour/dinner with your girlfriends
- Get a manicure/haircut/spray tan
- Buy some new lululemon boogie shorts (maybe just me)
- Buy a brand new luli fama bikini
- Go to Mexico
To celebrate my national women’s day, I took a yoga class and am now drinking a delicious coco caffe while I write this post and wait for my bosses to come to work.
Tonight, I am going to make delicious dinner with my lovely roommate and drink wine with Sara. Tomorrow I am going to buy a new bikini for Spring Break 🙂
Back on bananas – I’m obsessed with these fruits. I don’t know why but for some strange reason I have this idea in my head that they aren’t that good for you. Maybe just not that good for me – sometimes they slow me down (internally) and they just don’t have that excitement of a delicious crisp apple or big strawberries or round blueberries. Idk what it is, but right now they’re back in my diet and I’m loving them. I incorporated them into breakfast – covered in cinnamon with a big spoonful of almond butter, flax and more cinnamon and some frozen blueberries with 2 hard boiled eggs (I try not to eat the yolk). Yum delicious and light. So happy.
Salad new fun – some new additions: kalamata olives (from TJs, about $3 a jar and super salty and delicious). Also, I’ve been making a tuna salad. I took half a can of tuna and mixed in some whole grain mustard (the type with the little balls) and a dollop of my greek yogurt. It tastes so naughty and the yogurt just ups the protein. Awesome.
Me and love – early morning funny. Me and my sisters (except Frances) have a message thread on facebook and I took this one at 7am to send to them. Cute 🙂
Last night we pan seared cod with a little teriyaki, sautéed some bok choy with mushrooms, and cut up half a kabocha squash and baked for 25 min at 350. After 20 minutes or so we took it back out and put a thin glaze of bragg’s amino acids and honey on each one. They look very seasoned but a little went a loooong way. Great dinner.
Inspiration for an awesome weekend!
- Friday I ran 3.7 9:30 miles
- Saturday ran stairs and did some freestyle yoga around the track
- Sunday I took off
- Monday I went to a C2 yoga class.
- Tuesday I went to a C2 yoga class before work and a sculpt yoga class after work
- Wednesday ran 5 miles
- Thursday I went to C2
- This morning took a sculpt class!
Hopefully get some fun workouts in this weekend (maybe run to the beach? Santa Monica Stairs? Hiking!?)
What fun workout plans do you have this weekend? Is the weekend usually a bust for you or your best workouts of the week?